1. Ikita Kata. Kata must be alive and done with feeling and purpose.
2. Inen. Kata must be performed with spirit.
3. Chikara no Kyojaku. Kata should be done with changes in application of power. Technique can be strong or yielding, hard then soft.
4. Waza no Kankyu. Kata should be done with variations in the timing of movement, sometimes fast, sometimes slow.
5. Kisoku no Donto. Kata must be done with proper rhythm of breathing, when to inhale and exhale.
6. Balance. Proper balance must be maintained in the performance of Kata.