Kata No Rokugensoku
Six Principles of Kata
1. Ikita Kata - Kata must be alive and done with feeling and purpose.
2. Inen - Kata must be performed with spirit.
3. Chikara no Kyojaku - Kata should be done with changes in application of power. Technique can be strong or yielding, hard then soft.
4. Waza no Kankyu - Kata should be done with variations in the timing of movement, sometimes fast, sometimes slow.
5. Kisoku no Donto - Kata must be done with proper rhythm of breathing, when to inhale and exhale.
6. Balance - Proper balance must be maintained in the performance of Kata.